Maciej Jankowski | Attorney
Maciej Jankowski is involved in ongoing legal services provided to the clients and represents clients in litigation and administrative proceedings. He practices new technology law with a focus on intellectual property law, personal data protection law and individual aspects of telecommunications law. Mr Jankowski is also involved in litigation in “classic” fields of law, and hence he is particularly interested in civil law and civil proceedings.
Maciej Jankowski gained his experience, cooperating with Poznan-based law firms specialising in corporate law and litigation. He has also provided ongoing services to e-commerce companies and advised on personal data processing.
• represented telecommunications undertakings in procedures for subsidising costs of universal service;
• effectively represented clients in proceedings before the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland;
• supervised the correctness of telecommunications regulations for telecommunications undertakings;
• prepared a number of regulations for on-line shops and supervised the compliance of order placement procedure with consumer protection regulations;
• supervised the legal aspect of project realisation financed within the Operational Programme Digital Poland;
• audited personal data processing and executed complete audit-related documentation on personal data protection at clients’ companies;
• acted to initiate and conduct by law enforcement authorities a substantial number of criminal proceedings for infringement of intellectual property rights and successfully assisted clients in obtaining evidence in intellectual property right disputes by obtaining evidence security orders that enabled searching offenders’ warehouses and premises;
• involved in a range of court proceedings for the realisation of construction investments, including disputes about investors’ joint and several liability for payments to sub-contractors, and in preparation of construction investments, including negotiations on an array of performance and as-built contracts.
In his life, he follows the rule that risk should not be avoided but it should be managed.
Hobby: Mountain trekking (all year round). Enthusiast for rock and blues, he performs in jam sessions in Poznan.