Partner, Attorney at law
Wojciech Szymczak | Partner, Attorney at law
Wojciech Szymczak is an associate of the Media Law Firm. His fields of expertise include intellectual property, media law and Internet law. Mr Szymczak graduated from Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan. His MA thesis analysed the permissible private use in Polish copyright law.
He completed a lot of training, e.g. one year’s British law training organised by the British Law Centre (2014-2015) and a number of training in soft skills organised by KPMG and PwC (2008-2010).
He willingly shares his knowledge with others and frequently delivers lectures.
• ensuring the equilibrium between operators and broadcasters and author’s societies;
• convinced operators to make contracts based on terms and conditions more advantageous to operators compared to standard ones;
• involved in legislative processes that finally implemented solutions advantageous to cable operators;
• effectively prevented the approval of fees and charges tables containing terms disadvantageous to operators and broadcasters;
• precisely used the language of the law to describe innovative solutions implemented by on-line companies;
• following trends and monitoring on an ongoing basis dynamically changing legal conditions to the extent of intellectual property and on-line terms of service.
Professional motto: “You must demand from yourself even if nobody demands from you.”
Languages : English (TOLES Higher), German
Hobby: sport, running (sub-3 marathon, over 100 km – the longest distance)